Just Where Is Kona, Hawaii? Hawaii is the most isolated place on earth, in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. Hawaii is over 2,500 miles of ocean away from the nearest continent. And Kona is even a bit more isolated than the rest of Hawaii.
Kona may be ‘far away’ but it is closer to heaven…
Why You May Want To Move To Hawaii – Hawaii Is Far Away: It is a long way to fly to see family and friends – or for them to fly and see you. It can be hard for your family and friends to visit. (Or, as my neighbor says, frequently, “Ahh… nice.”)
Why You May Want NOT To Move To Hawaii – Hawaii Is Far Away: It is a long way to fly to see family and friends – or for them to fly and see you. It can be hard for your family and friends to visit. If you require major medical care, you may be forced to go to the mainland for treatment. Other factors may influence you such as: you may find you missing grandkids, you may miss watching your favorite sports team or you might desire to be closer to the arts and museums. You may still prefer to drive to your favorite retail store and walk around.
- Distance from Los Angeles to Kailua-Kona: 2,512 miles
- Distance from Phoenix to Kailua-Kona: 2,852 miles
- Distance from Seattle to Kailua-Kona: 2,696 miles
- Distance from Anchorage to Kailua-Kona: 2,888 miles
- Distance from Dallas to Kailua-Kona: 3,730 miles
- Distance from Chicago to Kailua-Kona: 4,221 miles
- Distance from Miami to Kailua-Kona: 4,783 mi
- Distance from New York to Kailua-Kona: 4,931 miles
Hawaii is far away. Distance to major International cities from Kailua Kona.
- Distance from Tahiti to Kailua-Kona: 2,614 miles
- Distance from Mexico City to Kailua-Kona: 3,683 miles
- Distance from Tokyo to Kailua-Kona: 4,008 miles
- Distance from Auckland to Kailua-Kona: 4,343 miles
- Distance from Sydney to Kailua-Kona: 5,072 miles
The other good news is that not only is the Mainland so far away, it feels far, far, far away.
“I Read The News Today – Oh Boy…” Instead of obsessing, for hours a day, over every word from CNN, Fox News or MSNBC, you will find happiness in just watching a half-hour of local news from HawaiiNewsNow, KHON2 or Island News and wondering how and why you were ever so caught up in any news involving bickering.
And, when you do watch a bit of US national news coupled with the distance away, plus the Hawaiian time zone difference, it just makes any news feel even… further away.