The 15+ Storm, Severe Weather & Hurricane Links – For Hawaii – You Need To Know
The 15+ Storm, Severe Weather & Hurricane Links – For Hawaii – You Need To Know: includes local Hawaii weather TV and newspaper and other media resources. Additionally, national weather services such as Weather.com and Accuweather are included along with links to NOAA, NASA, and the US Weather Service. (Click here to find out how to prepare for a hurricane in Hawaii.)
State of Hawaii Storm, Severe Weather & Hurricane Resources
Hawaii News Now – HNN Hurricane Center
KHON – Weather Hawai’i Islands weather forecasts, weather radar maps, and tropical storm updates.
Honolulu Star-Advertiser Weather – Offers Hawaii radar map, infrared images, and hurricane updates.
KITV Island News – Local weather forecasts, Hawaii radar map and storm warnings.
Big Island Now – Hawaii Island Weather, news and weather for the Big Island.
Maui Now – Maui County Weather, news and weather for the island of Maui.
The Garden Island Newspaper – News and weather for the island of Kauai.
Be sure to read Hurricane Preparedness Checklist: Family Planning for Hurricane Safety
US Government Storm, Severe Weather & Hurricane Resources
NOAA National Hurricane Center – Two-day graphical tropical weather forecast for the Eastern Pacific.
The National Weather Service National Hurricane Center – will keep you up to date with maps and all of the latest hurricane information.
NOAA National Hurricane Center – Main hurricane page.
NASA Hurricanes – The latest hurricanes and tropical storms images.
Central Pacific Hurricane Center (United States Department of Commerce) – Two-day hurricane forecast.
US Weather Storm, Severe Weather & Hurricane Resources
Accuweather Hurricane Center AccuWeather main hurricane page.
AccuWeather Eastern Pacific Weather Map – Hurricane information page for the Pacific Ocean.
- Three (+1) Hurricane Safety Items To Purchase – Have these critical necessities (all the below are Amazon’s top 5* rated items):
- First Aid Kits For $20 you can have medical supply basics, all in one place, ready to – it is worth it for you and your family.
- Solar Cell Phone Charger Solar powered charges start in the mid $20 range and go up from there. The best selling Amazon solar charger is $60 and is fast with ‘Industrial-strength PET polymer faced solar panels sewn into a rugged polyester canvas offer weather-resistant outdoor durability.’ Both are presented below. Not all companies will ship to Hawaii.
- Crank Powered Radio You can pay upwards of $100 for a decent unit. The best selling Amazon crank radio is just $20.
- Emergency Water Filter No need for a super fancy system. The LifeStraw Personal Water Filter has 5,000 reviews and is $20.
Be sure to share this helpful information on (click to mail) Hawaii Hurricane Resources with your family members and friends.